This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Everybody loves a good caramel apple, especially when they can customize it just the way they like! Make this caramel apple charcuterie board for your next fall party, I promise it will be a huge hit! It has a fun variety of toppings and things for dipping, so there’s something for everyone!
As much as I love savory charcuterie boards, dessert boards need love too! After you make this amazing caramel apple charcuterie board, try this hot chocolate charcuterie or s’mores charcuterie!
Caramel Apple Board
Fall is here, and whether you’re having a backyard bonfire or just chilling indoors, you’ve got to try this caramel apple charcuterie board! My family loves it. It’s so delicious and so easy to prepare, it’s our new fall tradition! Because you really can’t go wrong with caramel apples. Especially when they’re deconstructed and everyone can choose their own toppings.
Putting this board together is fun, too! You’ve got the colorful apple slices, the gooey caramel dip, and a bunch of toppings like sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, and more. Plus, for extra dipping goodness, I’ve added things like graham crackers and pretzels so that tasty caramel doesn’t go to waste! No matter what sweet treat you’re craving, this caramel apple charcuterie board’s got it covered. Let’s dive into all the different layers!
Let’s Start With the Caramel Dip
Now, you could just get some premade caramel dip to stick on your board, but it won’t taste as good as if you made it from scratch! My caramel apple dip recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make, but is so delicious! It’s rich, sweet, and swirled together with sweetened condensed milk. Need I say more? Since the caramel dip is the focus of this charcuterie board, make sure you serve enough for everyone to enjoy!
What Apples Should I Use?
This is totally up to personal preference! I like to serve my charcuterie with a variety of apples since some people like sweet and some people like sour! In this caramel apple charcuterie board I used:
- Granny Smith Apples: Nice and tart, a perfect complement to the sweet caramel dip.
- Honey Crisp Apples: Sweet and juicy!
- Fuji Apples: Fuji apples are a great addition because they’re so refreshing and crisp!
Toppings and Candy
This is the fun part! Load up your caramel apple charcuterie board with your favorite chocolate and candy to add more texture. I used a mix of pretzels, cookies, chocolate, and granola! There’s no right or wrong topping to add to your board, so go crazy! My one tip is to add a mix of both sweet and savory (hence the pretzels) to keep the mix from being overly sweet.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini M&Ms
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed Pretzels
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Crushed Heath Bars
- Crushed Butterfingers
Crackers for Dipping
So your board has some variety, I recommend filling any extra space with your other favorite dippables. I added pretzel sticks and graham crackers, but any type of sweet cracker or cookie will work!
- Graham Crackers
- Pretzel Rods
How to Assemble a Caramel Apple Charcuterie Board
Here’s how you can put this board full of fall treats together! Remember, you can customize it however you like, so if there’s something you want to add or a way you want to style it, the sky is the limit!
- Start With Bowls: On a large wooden board add the bowls of caramel apple dip and toppings. Arrange them evenly throughout the board.
- Add Dippable Items: Add the apples, graham crackers, and pretzel rods. Evenly space the ingredients for variety.
- Fill in Empty Space: Fill in the spaces with granola and then add any extra candy you want to scatter in empty spaces on the board.
- Enjoy: Serve to your guests and enjoy!
Caramel Apple Charcuterie Board Variations
This caramel apple charcuterie board is one of my favorites that I have made to date. Not only does it look good, but it tastes even better! It has all of those classic fall flavors that everyone loves. It will be a huge hit at any gathering!
- Other Dips: Add bowls of hot fudge, peanut butter, or white chocolate sauce!
- Layer Your Apples: For a delicious layered effect, first dip your apple slices in melted chocolate, (white chocolate is my favorite!) let it cool, then dip it in caramel afterwards.
Really, the only things that don’t keep very well are the apple slices themselves. If you need to, you can keep them in a plastic bag in the fridge for a day or two, but they will start to turn brown. Adding a squeeze of lemon juice can help to slow down this process.
- Caramel Apple Dip: Will stay good in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Warm in the microwave or over the stove on medium-low heat, stirring frequently, if it has gotten too thick.
- Cookies and Candy: Keep your toppings in separate baggies and store at room temperature. They should stay good for a couple weeks.
Pin this now to find it later
On a large wooden board add the bowls of caramel apple dip and toppings. Arrange them evenly throughout the board.
Add the apples, graham crackers, and pretzel rods. Evenly space the ingredients for variety.
Fill in the spaces with granola and any extra candy you want to scatter in empty spaces on the board.
Serve to your guests and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Like and Subscribe